I wonder if a trans person is necessarily gay or not. Since being trans is - as far as I understood - about the gender identity and not about sexual preferences, it does in theory not have to be this way, though it's kinda likely. I also wonder about terminology here... in which case is it actually ok to call a trans person "gay"? Since we should always acknowledge the gender this person is identifying with, it's not ok to call a transwoman "gay" if she likes men. Also interesting: are actually all gay people trans? I think they're not, but it would be great if somebody has further information.