GNUser said: One question, have you tried full-disk-encryption? I am currently using it in my laptop, and if I decide to change for a LibreBooted machine I would also want to use it (I can't feel at peace walking around with my hard drive unencrypted).

Heather says: You can use full encryption with Libreboot. Hold on a sec while I remember where I saw it:

https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/encrypted_debian.html

Here ya go; hth

ftr, I am loving my X60 now that it is librebooted and it does most of what I need on a day to day basis. The "big guys" are sitting in a drawer until I need them. I feel more comfortable online with the X60 right now and just don't need all that power all the time while I'm saving my pennies and/or brain cells to get the 64 bit machines fixed on us.

Leah, you rock. Thanks again both for the personal assistance and for your commitment to freedom and efforts to make libreboot financially accessible to other "ordinary folks".