This is not necessarily a Trisquel-specific topic, but seems relevant given that Evolution is one of Trisquel's default programs.

After installing evolution-rss from the repository, the RSS plugin appears in Evolution but clicking on it does not enable it as with other plugins. When I run Evolution from a terminal I get

(evolution:8875): libebackend-WARNING **: module_load: /usr/lib/evolution/3.10/modules/evolution-module-rss.so: undefined symbol: em_folder_tree_set_selected Failed to load module: /usr/lib/evolution/3.10/modules/evolution-module-rss.so

From the Evolution mailing list:

"Hi, it's required to rebuild evolution-rss against the evolution you've
installed. It's not that hard, because evolution-rss is pretty
lightweight, but as regular users do not compile usually, then it can
be a challenge. Maybe ask the package maintainer of evolution-rss
in your distribution to rebuild it."

I am a beginner and don't know how to do this but would like to learn. I was able to find some reasonably accessible explanations of how to build a package in general, but I don't really know where to start rebuilding a package against another. Could anyone here either explain or direct me to a resource that does not assume too much prior knowledge? Thanks!