Now things are getting weird!

Just after posting that things had changed, I realised they hadn't. It turns out that if I go to the system setting through the main menu, I get a limited set of functions (see attachment to my first post). If I, on the other hand, click on the battery icon in the panel I get an option to enter power management. But I am not send there directly, rather I am send to the system settings, now the full version!

Any suggestions on what is going on and how I can get access to the full set of functions via the main menu?