rolandcoeurj...@gmail.com wrote:
After reading about the situation with mobile phones and free software, I've come to the conclusion that they are trackers. How can I live without a mobile phone then? Is it inconvenient?

Perhaps it is inconvenient but privacy is more important. I'm sure there are lots of people who live full and complete lives without being tracked or handling phone calls everywhere they go.

I like using bluetooth earphones or headphones on the go. I am thinking of carrying a computer folded in a backpack, running free software and supplying me with audio via bluetooth. Is there an obvious reason why this would not work?

If you want to listen to audio you can find small unnetworked digital audio players that will fit in your pocket and work with wired headphones. This approach will let you avoid broadcasting your audio via Bluetooth. Check out the https://www.rockbox.org/ firmware (licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later) for supported devices. Perhaps there is an inexpensive used digital audio player you can upgrade with Rockbox so you can pay less, get something Rockbox supports, and avoid paying the manufacturer while gaining the practical benefits of that device.