I couldn't sit idle on this problem, so my internet search found:
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/X205TA

That looks to address a similar problem or solution approach as I thought up; QUOTE:
Configuration

Display

This is no longer necessary, starting with kernel version 4.1.

Intel Graphics using i915 driver. X.org works flawlessly.

It might be needed to manually force the brightness level, which seems to default to a very low value (390 out of a maximum of 7812). There are several ways to do this, but a simple solution is to add this line in /etc/sysfs.conf (make sure you have the package sysfsutils installed) :

# Set brightness level, maximum is 7812, needed for Linux Kernel < 4.1
class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness = 5000

-END QUOTE-

THE STORM WINDS HAVE ARRIVED - I'll log out and turn off/unplug my computer for protection.
Ciao!