I'm trying to create a live USB on Trisquel 7, following the methods given on this wiki page and I seem to be having some issues.

If I use the Startup Disk Creator tool, the USB doesn't seem to boot properly through Libreboot. The same thing seems to happen, regardless of whether or not I enable the persistent storage.

If I use the 'dd' method to just copy the ISO file, the USB does boot. However, I was hoping to make it persistent and I'm not sure how to do that using this method. If I go into gparted (to try to resize the partition), it doesn't seem to recognize any partitions on the USB (presumably the 'dd' command over-wrote the partition table?).

Has anyone else experienced this, or know how I can make a persistent USB in Trisquel?