Ok, I'll bite.

I use the downvote feature from time to time to express that a thread is worthless without feeding the troll. A downvote doesn't prevent a thread from moving down the list of active threads like a comment does.

I downvoted your topic when you posted this thread. I stand by that action. You did not post this thread to have an open exchange of ideas. You deserved to be downvoted.

Anyone who qualifies their statements with "or I'll leave" should just leave. They are clearly overly invested in an online forum they are no longer able to contribute to. You have been here a long time, you have helped a lot of people. It would be better that you leave now to allow that legacy to stand than undermine it by posting threads that show you are not here for good reasons anymore.

You have free speech, downvotes do no prevent you from using free speech. They do prevent you from using free speech WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES. You are not entitled to have every post be well received or openly debated. People have that right to express their free speech by saying "man, what a shitty thing to say" downvote it, and move on with their lives.

Today you are a troll. Tomorrow I hope you either make better choices or leave. Either way the community will be better off. I hope for the former, but its up to you. Continue to post like this and you can just assume any downvote you get is from me.