>  > They're actually probably the only way you
>  > could legally distribute embedded JavaScript if it is under > the GNU
>  > General Public License.
>
> Onpon4 makes some good points on this here:
> https://onpon4.github.io/other/kill-js/

I agree with much of her article, but I think LibreJS still has a place.

Basically, people need to start working on extensions to operate
websites with the extension's JavaScript and not the site's JS, and
LibreJS can be used in emergencies when an extension hasn't been found.
The system's package manager (Guix) can manage extensions in the back
end.

The LibreJS standard, as I mentioned before, is mostly important to
HUMANS: so regular people can look at the copyright info and go "oh, ok,
looks good.  I'll run those."

--
Caleb Herbert
OpenPGP public key: http://bluehome.net/csh/pubkey