Strange... something is off, and I don't which part...

The reference you gave says GPL *3* introduced implied patent grant.

However, as far as I understand, [1] says otherwise.

[1] <https://copyleft.org/guide/comprehensive-gpl-guide.pdf> (under CC
BY-SA 4.0). Particularly, see chapter 6 ("GPL’s Implied Patent Grant").

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com