>So, I take it you never use a credit card, and especially never a debit card, right? You insist on paying only in cash, and only after receiving goods.

This is
>Could you please stop jumbling together ideas and hypotheticals

>I wasn't talking about that

Yes, you were.
>So, I take it you never use a credit card, and especially never a debit card, right? You insist on paying only in cash, and only after receiving goods

>So, since you have to trust Ebay anyway, all you have to do is send e-cash to Ebay and let them handle everything else

Which ebay specifically does not support. Then why mention it?

>"Purchase protection". has. NOTHING. to do with GNU Taler

Nor does my post say. In my post I claim a gnutaler payment system with no purchase protection is such a drawback compared to payment systems, which provide a purchase protection, that I believe it will significantly limit how many will use gnutaler.
None of us can determine if my claim is correct. It would require a marketing
research.
You engage in odd arguments, saying if you do not trust seller then you cannot trust paypal's
purchase protection.
You can get into a dispute with a big known company as well. If you have paypal purchase protection and you believe you rightfully have a claim against seller, two entities must fail before you have to file a complaint to a consumer authority. Seller and paypal. And I think paypal will have a more objective view on a dispute than seller, because
paypal is not part of the dispute.
You are welcome to have a list of sellers you trust and are prepared to buy items from
with no purchase protection. I think a lot of buyers will not act like that.

>it's completely irrelevant to GNU Taler

In a gnutaler video they are asked if gnutaler provides a purchase protection. Gnutaler
answers no and says if someone wants to, they can make a purchase protection
service. I know of no such service and I think gnutaler would be better of, if
a purchase protection would be integrated as an option in a gnutaler payment.
If there is no purchase protection, preferable integrated in gnutaler, when
gnutaler is introduced, then it will have a significantly negative impact on how many will use gnutaler. I think gnutaler wants to be widely used and wants to be prefered
to other payment systems.
That is why I think it is relevant for gnutaler.
You are unable to react on my claim.
People who demands purchase protection will select paypal over gnutaler. The number of people who demands purchase protection is big. Therefore it would be a mistake
to introduce gnutaler, with no purchase protection ready.