Thanks, Time4Tea.

Battle for the Net has a really nice automated system for helping stress-brained US Americans with phone calls today:

https://www.battleforthenet.com/#bftn-action-for

and here's some reasonably objective info from Al Jazeera for the rest of you:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/net-neutrality-matters-171212133031187.html

[quote]"I don't think the US stepping away for the time being is going to be a travesty for the rest of the world. I don't think people look to the US anymore as a beacon on the hill" for internet access, Winseck said.[/quote]

and this one is more about socioeconomic class stratification in the US, so probably not as interesting to as many people:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/net-neutrality-harm-poor-171213161323279.html

But....there's obviously a lot of work to be done and a lot of gratitude going out to the greater Trisquel community for giving those of us who may not be around the internet as much after today the tools to create more effective and free intranets in our local communities.