No problem, and it is not irritating, but you can also use a search engine to say find out more about the directives you are given, for instance try an instance (I just made a word play, see!) of searx, https://searx.me, that is. Yeah, whatever the DE (desktop environment) you should have 0 troubles finding the relevant keyboard settings, just point and click your way out of it. Don't worry too much about being new, if the interest is strong you'll be up and running like a pro in no time. Really, though, there is a ton of bazillions of quintillions (is 'quintillion a word?) of information on debian based distros out there \o/