On Thu, 2017-12-28 at 21:34 +0100, svenerik...@protonmail.com wrote:
> Gotcha! So now it worked. youtube-viewer successfully installed. Was not able
>
> to play videos.

youtube-viewer uses a method of fetching YouTube videos that does not
execute Google's proprietary JavaScript in the background the way
youtube-dl does.

Unfortunately, some videos, like music videos, will not play without
proprietary software.  And sometimes, it changes over time.  One day,
you can download it without JS, and you can't the next.  This is why I
now archive ALL videos people send me.  I should probably start tagging
them so they're easy to search...