> Are you the same person who pretends that freedom 1 is not practical because it is too much work to read large source codes?!

analytics.js is not 10M lines of code. My posts about the impossibility to exercise freedom 1 were about the large code base of browsers. You should really pay attention to context (I say this for 358th time).

> You confuse everything.... It has nothing to do with how the source code is licensed.

Ok. Now I understand what you mean. As I said - I may be wrong.

> The intent is "improving Firefox by getting usage information, e.g., the state of the browser when it crashes".

I don't know what exactly you are quoting. The actual intent is not that because telemetry reports things even without crashes. KDE programs also have crash reporting functionality but it shows a specific dialog box when a program crashes and you have to explicitly send a report (if you want), it doesn't send data to anyone during regular usage.

> Not the best argument to prefer Chromium, which is mainly developed by Google, listed in the PRISM documents.

It is not an argument to prefer Chromium but an argument to avoid Firefox/forks.

> "With a concern for your privacy and safety" does not mean "thoroughly tested".

Yet in combination with "look no further than GNU Icecat" it implies exactly that. So again - excerpts, context, wholeness.

> "Not malicious" does not mean "safe".

And what is "not malicious" then? Unsafe? lol

> Nobody here claims that free software has no vulnerability.

Where is the list of vulnerabilities? Oh wait - that would be demotivating!

> Your implication "People do not use free software because they want telemetry" => "They do not want telemetry" is wrong.

Ok. Make a public poll "Do you want telemetry, enabled by default and difficult to disable?" in a separate thread and let us see the result. Make sure to include the following info:

"Telemetry is a feature that allows data collection. This is being used to collect performance metrics and other information about how Firefox performs in the wild."

"Data Collection Categories
There are four "categories" of data collection that apply to Firefox:
Category 2 “Interaction data”
Information about the user’s direct engagement with Firefox. Examples include how many tabs, addons, or windows a user has open; uses of specific Firefox features; session length, scrolls and clicks; and the status of discrete user preferences."

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Data_Collection (the word 'crash' is mentioned only one single time in the lengthy document)

I may be wrong and it may turn out that people who like free software also like to be part of massive and continuous data collection. Then your golden logic will shine.