> I think you should configure an account just like when you would set up an email account. In your newsreader there should be a way to configure accounts. Just create a new account and point it to news.gmane.org and you should be gtg.

Why would I want to do that?

The only advantages you've sold are that you're saving a miniscule amount of bandwidth not pulling a few kilobytes of text, if even that. And you're telling me that I need to create a special account for that, and still use an email account anyway?

I'd be more convinced by an Amish person telling me to switch to a horse and buggy for gas savings.