> guile: warning: failed to install locale
> warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument

Install "glibc-locales" in both "root" and per-user profiles (at least
for the users you do want to have translated messages). GNU Guix's info
pages ([1]) will tell you more about this in the sections about locales.

After installing, in my "${HOME}/.profile" I have this (both in "root"
and in non-root users' ".profile"):

-------------------cut here---------------start------------------
export GUIX_PROFILE="${HOME}/.guix-profile"
source "${GUIX_PROFILE}/etc/profile"
export GUIX_LOCPATH="${GUIX_PROFILE}/lib/locale"
-------------------cut here---------------end--------------------

And I think this is also covered in GNU Guix's info page ([1]).

> guix package: error: failed to connect to
> `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': No such file or directory

Hm.... this one I don't know about, perhaps talk to the help-guix
mailing list.

[1] To view the info pages: Login as "root" user (using: sudo -i ), then
do: info guix . This is needed because only the "root" user has GNU Guix
installed, so only "root" has the info pages. Despite this, other users
are allowed to use the Guix-related commands --- I assume so because I
blindly consider that the installation method you have choosen follows
the instructions in the installation manual regarding enabling usage for
non-root users.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com