>I tampered a bit too much with it and I broke some things so I finally decided to uninstall guix and follow again the manual from the beginning.

happens, man :) I am glad everything works now
${HOME}.profile seems to be the best option

>I'm sorry about your loss. I hope everything goes well.

it goes.. this sort of feelings make me listen to some beautiful music [I am always ok with my imagination] I also feel that all of sadness is pretty deep inside me (and hopefully will still be). The future will show how things will work, I predict moments of happiness

Have a good day!