It works (see screenshot). Spotify and other proprietary software are also recommended in Gnome Software Center (see other screenshot). I reported the latter as a licensing issue

https://trisquel.info/en/issues/23466

months ago, but had not actually attempted installing any proprietary to see if it would work. Apparently it does.

Even after running

$ snap remove spotify

Gnome Software still says it's installed. When I try to remove it within Gnome Software I get

"Detailed errors from the package manager follow: snapd returned status code 400: Bad Request"

Gnome Software is pretty buggy to begin with, so hopefully Spotify is indeed no longer installed. I may reinstall Trisquel to be safe though.

Perhaps snapd should be temporarily removed until this is issue fixed.