Hi Everyone

I used to be able to rotate my Linux console so that if I typed ctrl-alt F1 thru F6, I could access virtual terminals that were also rotated vertically with my monitor.

I tried to run this:

sudo update-grub

And I am getting errors.

I altered my /etc/defalt/grub file before running update. Now I am not sure if this is my error or something that is wrong otherwise.

If you have time, could you run sudo update-grub and let me know if you have errors?

Here is my file, perhaps you can spot the error? I added the "fbcon=rotate:1" part

Thanks for reading-Patrick

# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
# For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
#   info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="fbcon=rotate:1"

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
# This works with Linux-Libre (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
# the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

# Trisquel comes without kernel recovery entries to improve security.
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY=true