See the Moksha homepage link I shared a few comments back. Jeff's stance is that the Enlightenment devs are far more concerned with scratching their own itches than producing software that works for end users. Admittedly they are genius scratchers, whose scratching has produced some amazing components. But Jeff decided there needed to be a DE that did for Enlightenment what Ubuntu did for desktop Debian, or what BackDrop did for Drupal 8; make it work smoothly for people who want to use their computers to get work done, not endlessly tinker with their software. That's why he forked E17 to create Moksha, and I'm guessing he introduces elements into Moksha from the more recent versions of Enlightenment software as it becomes stable enough to work reliably.