> When I am trying to launch a video file with Totem, the application crashes!
> But then I am able to get **the audio back** ?!!??!
> Then I am able to launch the video file but with VLC

If Totem crashing fixes your audio, I guess you should add Totem to Startup
Applications so that it crashes upon login. :)

What did you do after Totem crashed to get audio back? Did it just start
working, or did you have to do something in sound settings? Are you able to
kill and restart pulseaudio while your audio is working?