Hi everyone. Since I don't have much knowledge about licenses I wanted to ask for help in identifying if a TI-licensed software is considered to be free software.

The software I'm using is -> https://git.ti.com/processor-firmware/ti-amx3-cm3-pm-firmware/trees/ti-v4.1.y (see the License.txt file, that's the Texas Instruments Software License Agreement)

Note that from the files under bin/ folder, only am335x-pm-firmware.bin and am335x-pm-firmware.elf can be built from source, the rest of the files have no source code (which makes them non-free).

Regarding the am335x-pm-firmware.* files, are they free software? if not, which of the four freedoms of free software it's not respecting? and why?

Thanks for helping.