Thank you for reply.

# gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9) 5.4.0 20160609

manually? I am using linux-libre core, cause it is free. I cannot remove everything non-free. So what exactly I need?

How to compile 4.13? Can I not to use current config? So will I need setup kernel options or there are default options that will work?

... I downloaded linux-source-4.4.0 and started `make menuconfig && make` . I did not use my current config. Just rested things as it was and also disabled bluetooth and irda. Now it is making 15 minutes. (Making of 4.13 stopped after 4 minutes).

I think config for 4.4 cannot  work for 4.13.

Why there is no anywhere info about how to get config for upstream version ? I thought kernel has no any configurations set and I tried to use my current config.