xdkni...@dismail.de wrote:
You should avoid Microsoft stuff as it was fire.

MICROSOFT NEVER GIVES SOMETHING FREE! Just always remember this.

I understand that Microsoft has earned a horrible reputation and most of the software they distribute is proprietary (which is an injustice in itself). However I would rather we teach people to evaluate programs by what appears in the source code and by the program's licensing, not the reputation of the copyright holder.

It's entirely possible Microsoft's free software is trustworthy; worthy of use, enhancement, and continued distribution just like any other free software. After all, free software puts us in a position to not have to fall back on vague prejudicial estimations like reputations.