The cons mentioned are either from the web links I mentioned, with one exception,

Removing systemd completely including library files is near impossible in debian.

Even if you are installing sysvinit or openrc combo in exchange.

I think ubuntu choose systemd because debian did.

"Lots. *Everything* about systemd is better than SysV-init, which is why no one ever planned on keeping the latter. The battle was between systemd and Upstart, and systemd won out because the Debian developer community decided that systemd was the better choice and as such, Ubuntu decided to switch to it too and abandon Upstart development."

PS, what are the specfics of this? just wondering...