Hello. I am trying to get my small laptop (netbook?) to connect to my television using HDMI. I am using Trisquel Mini 8.0

I know that this is possible because it works perfectly on both Parabola and PureOS.

However, I much prefer using Trisquel over both of these other two because PureOS does not naively have Synaptic and using it's 'software store' has been a pain in my butt as half the packages I try to install give a "not found" error. Parabola is not deb based and uses an entirely different package manager that I am not familiar with.

I have used Trisquel over several years now on other computers and am very used to how it operates and working with it.

However, when I go to the resolution settings to find my television, it only ever find the internal Laptop monitor. It does not even show the television as being a connected device. I am almost positive I am running an embedded Intel graphic chip.

When I go to resolution settings on the other two Libre operating systems, it sees both monitors no problem.

Why does Trisquel not see my television when the other two do? Is it a driver issue? Do I need to install a package in Synaptic? Or, is it a Kernel being old issue and I need to compile a newer version of the Kernel from scratch? It's been several years sense I've done that and with this laptop being so basic it would take hours to do.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Thank you for your time.