I can see there are so many things to configure, I am not knowing how to start. I am using openbox and I configured things so I could add some keybinds for launching terminal with Ctrl Alt T and some resizing things

I think I don really need by now too much things, I am thinking about configuring the background so it shows time and system info as I saw in so many images in the net, a black background screen showing system info at one side and having some terminal windosws in vertical in the other side, but I really don know how to do it. Any help?

I tried doing xclock but that is not what I mean, I mean not a window with clock but the info there in the background