After attempting to burn a data cdrom with Brasero, I find that it's not
recognized:

> dmesg | grep sg1
>   sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5

> dmesg | grep sr0
> sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

> Control Center/Disks:
>  Optiarc DVD RW AD-7710H (1.S0) at /dev/sr0 (Read-Only)

> /dev$ sudo mount /dev/sr0 /cdrom/
>  mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0

I can see with my unaided eyes that there's data on the disk, but it's
not recognized, not even when I ask Brasero to burn another image on
top of it. The drive won't recognize a commercial audio CDROM either.

This is a used Lenovo T420 on which I have not yet tried to burn a CDROM.
TQ_8 operating system. No other issues.

Thanks
George Langford