I'm using Trisquel 8.0 and trying to create a bootable USB with the Trisquel mini ISO. I've used Startup Disc Creator but it gives an error, saying "Could not write the disk image to the device".

Oddly it asks for authentication twice, saying policies prevent mounting.

I also tried the command-line approach with dd as described in the Trisquel documentation. dd ran for at last 15 minutes before I finally stopped it.

I must be missing something very simple.  Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not quite a newbie but my administrative knowledge isn't very deep.

Thanks,

-Jim