My laptop won't detect an SD card I'm inserting.

It's a micro SD (HC I) card with a micro SD to regular SD adapter.

It works in my camera, so there's nothing wrong with the card itself.

My laptop have fairly recently read other micro SD cards so I don't think there's any problems with the reader either.

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?

I'm thinking maybe it has to do with what "kind" of micro SD card it is. Maybe Trisquel is not able to read this (HC I), but are able to read others (like the one I have tried before which is an HC 4). Idk.

Or maybe it's the brand? The one that works in the laptop is a Toshiba and the one that doesn't is a Trnascend.