@Lil Beanie

If I understand correctly, your sound problems happened after a regular Trisquel 7 update, and that your problems upgrading to Trisquel 8 were a separate issue. Can you confirm whether or not this is the case?

@Lil Beanie, Liberated, Masaru Suzuqi

Can all three of you run

$ uname -r

and copy/paste the results here? autumnlover could be right that a kernel upgrade caused the problem, so I want to see if you all three of you are using the same kernel. I would expect Trisquel 7 to have a different kernel from Trisquel 8.

@Sasaki

Do you use Pulseaudio on any of your systems, or just ALSA+JACK?