> chaosmonk Doesn't every recent AMD/Nvidia graphic card require
> proprietary firmwares for 3D accel?

I think so.

> EVERY device that runs Trisquel you stick PCI or USB card if you want
> WI-FI period.

Yes, and I have had great results with PCI and very poor results with
USB.

> How this works out? "freedom-wise" every ARM device is better than
> Intel/AMD (no ME, PSP, FSP...)

It's true that x86 is a dead end. The decade-old laptops that support
libreboot are the best we're getting specification-wise. That's why I
said that I'm glad to see exploration of alternative architectures. I
hope to eventually see non-x86 laptops that are better than the aging
librebootable ThinkPads, but it doesn't seem like we're there yet:

RAM
- X200: up to 8GB
- Pinebook: 2GB

CPU
- X200: at least 2.4 GHz
- Pinebook: 1.2 GHz

Graphics
- X200: 3D acceleration works with free software
- Pinebook: 3D acceleration requires proprietary software

WiFi
- X200: PCI or USB with free software
- Pinebook: USB only with free software

To clarify, I'm not against ARM, or against buying a lower-spec computer
for the sake of freedom (I preordered* an EOMA68 computer card, which is
as slow as the Pinebook and will also lack free 3D acceleration and
require USB WiFi). I wish that the Pine64 were as freedom-focused as the
EOMA68 campaign, but I still hope that they, and other ARM (or PowerPC
or RISC-V) projects are successful, because in the long-term we do need
to replace x86.

* who knows if I'll ever see it though...