> And is someone there who would be able to build such a package? Or should
> we wait till the GNU Health project does this?

I have seem some projects package their own software and distribute it
as a standalone .deb package, PPA, or apt repository. If the GNU Health
team wants to do this, it would then be easy to add GNU Health to
Trisquel's repositories. If not, we could make a request for packaging
in Debian. If a Debian maintainer takes on the task, GNU Health could be
made available in Debian and all downstream distributions, including
Ubuntu and Trisquel. If that doesn't work, a third party could package
it in a PPA. I've learned how to create very simple Debian packages, but
glancing at the GNU Health source code it looks outside my skill level.

> An one more question chaosmonk, as I have seen in one of your links,
> should something like this work in order to try to install GNU Health on
> Trisquel 8?:
>
> $ gnuhealth-3.4.0.tar.gz

Did you mean to say

?

> $ cd gnuhealth-3.4.0/
> $ sudo apt install python-setuptools python3-setuptools

Installing setuptools is necessary if this is the first time you've
compiled a program that uses setuptools. In the future you can skip this
step.

> $ python setup.py build
> $ sudo python setup.py install

Those notes aside, this should work *if* you have all of the necessary
dependencies installed. If you are missing some dependencies, you'll
have to install those first. If a missing dependency is in Trisquel's
repository, you can just install it with apt. If not, you'll need to
build it too. Why don't you give it a try, and "python setup.py build"
fails, copy/paste the error message here.