> Since I have the same Wifi chipset (AR9271), I installed the latest
> updates to see.  Here is the related entry in
> /var/log/apt/history.log:

Thanks for saving me the trouble of breaking my own Internet in order to
get this information. Hopefully reinstalling the previous version of
network-manager and wpasupplicant will fix your system.

> I have actually always wanted to use the DNS Of French Data Network (a
> French associative ISP, fighting against censorship) and adding
> 80.67.169.12 in the DNS tab of the Network Settings works.  So, here
> is a way to get a working wired connection... but the change is not
> persistent (it has always been like that on my system, for some
> reason): the DNS must be

network-manager automatically generates /etc/resolv.conf on startup,
which will overwrite any changes you make manually, so you can't
persistently change DNS behind network-manager's back. I think that
GNOME's graphical frontend to network-manager might allow you to change
it persistently. This[1] should also work.

> The Wifi problem seems unrelated and more serious.  Right after
> plugging in my adapter, here are dmesg's messages over 114 seconds (I
> removed the timestamps to ease the reading):

Since the log has several errors that mention your MAC address, I think
the problem might have to do with the new randomization of mac
addresses.[2] Does editing /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and
commenting out

```
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=yes
```

and/or

```
[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=yes

[connection]
wifi.cloned-mac-address=stable
ethernet.cloned-mac-address=stable
connection.stable-id=\${CONNECTION}/\$(BOOT)
```

fix the problem?

[1]
https://wiseindy.com/blog/linux/how-to-set-dns-in-centos-rhel-7-prevent-network-manager-from-overwriting-etc-resolv-conf/