> But I may be able to solve the problem by installing a different web
> browser, with different dependencies, or use a Firefox-based browser
> as an AppImage.

You might look into LibreWolf.[1] It's a Firefox fork which supposedly
prevents all unsolicited connections. According to their documentation,
their binaries are compiled with DRM support, but it is disabled by
default,[2] so as long as you don't go out of your way to enable it I
don't think you'll end up running any of that crap. I haven't gotten
around to testing this browser myself though.

There's also Hyperbola's Iceweasel-UXP, a fork of Basilisk, which is
itself a fork of pre-Quantum Firefox. It works okay, though I'm not sure
how to install it on a non-Arch-based distro.

[1] https://librewolf-community.gitlab.io/

[2] https://librewolf-community.gitlab.io/docs/drm/