>The modern web really is an hellscape of lazily engineering and often user-abusing Javascript.

Oh, yes, I can't stand the modern web. Funny enough you can run some modern websites without Javascript like old.reddit.com or m.facebook.com.

>Given your knowledge of hardware, I assume you know about Libreboot. Is this what you mean by "flash" Coreboot without blobs?

Well, libreboot is like a pre-compiled coreboot without binary blobs. Instead of using libreboot directly, I plan on compiling coreboot without blobs because coreboot is more up to date. I think you can compile coreboot without any voodoo magic black boxes.

>Pidgin. Convincing your family and friends to switch to a free code chat service like Wire or Signal is better for *their* software freedom and privacy, but we all know what a struggle that is

Yeah though if they play fallout, they might like Finch. Just run that in Cool Retro Term and it looks like they're using a fallout terminal. I also think mumble might be convincing because it performs very well with shiternet like people throttled down to ISDN speeds on their phones. Discord only got big because open feint (Discord at that time) bribed youtubers saying it's immune to DDOS of which open feint's founder got in trouble with his previous business venture for privacy violations. But the only issue in setting up a mumble server today is boomers come in and say "hey, can you join my discord server" and I'd be like "It's not 'your' server, if it was your server, the server would be located in your house"

>One downside of Pidgin though, is that development hasn't been as active for about 5 years

What features does it really need? It has plugins and libpurple.

>Welcome to the free world!

Thanks, I feel liberated in more ways than one.