> Thanks. It now works in Icecat, but one consequence is that for
> instance the graphical element on the landing page of trisquel.info is
> not visible. In some case this may not be a problem, in others it
> might...

Yeah, all background images get removed.  I like it.  It makes most
pages cleaner.  It's usually not a problem, but sometimes a website
incorrectly implements something important like a button as a background
image.  Every now and then I do have to go back to normal colors to get
certain pages to work.

Btw, although about:preferences only lets you choose between a fixed set
of colors, you can set them to the exact Zenburn colors in about:config.
Just set

"browser.display.background_color" to #3F3F3F
"browser.display.background_color" to #DCDCCC
"browser.anchor_color" to #8CD0D3
"browser.visited_color" to #8CD0D3

That's assuming that you want all links to be blue.  If you want visited
links to be a different color, then use a different color for that
fourth option.  For example, for Zenburn red set

"browser.visited_color" to #CC9393