> Yes the files in c: drive, not the os.  I think it will need
> re-formatting and that will wipe all data, although there is a backup.
> Just wondered if it was possible to install linux without wiping data
> with a re-format.

Sorry, no.  You'll need to backup your files to another medium and copy them
over to Trisquel after installing.  If you were installing Trisquel over
another GNU/Linux distribution with a separate /home partition then it
would be possible to keep your user data in place, but Windows uses a
different filesystem type, so I don't see a way around reformatting.