Comparing distro package version numbers to upstream package version numbers isn't the correct way to determine if a security vulnerability exists within distro packages like this. Assuming that a program contains a security problem they are commonly fixed by backporting only the actual security patch itself and leaving it at the same version.

An example is this here:
https://www.debian.org/security/2020/dsa-4611

Debian fixes it in version 6.0.3p1-5+deb10u3.

And so: Someone that only compares version numbers would see "Oh noes - I have 6.0.3p1 which is less than 6.6.2p1 and so I am still vulnerable" when in fact they are not.