I use BTRFS on any drive aside from my OS. For my OS I use whichever the installer uses by default unless it gives me a choice (usually EXT4 although Trisquel uses XFS I believe). I haven't experienced any severe issue on any file system I have used over the years. Maybe that makes me lucky. I choose BTRFS when I can because I'd rather have a feature and not need it rather than the other way around and as far as stability goes I haven't experienced a reason not to use it yet. That being said it has been in development for a while so maybe I just joined after all the craziness ended. Overall use what you are comfortable using, what you know how to setup; maintain; and troubleshoot.