I just asked quidam about this. Apparently, gnutls is supposed to be backported from Ubuntu bionic, but since 3.5.18-1ubuntu1 in 2018 new versions have not been getting automatically built. According to quidam it may have been an issue with GPG keys. He says it is fixed now and an up-to-date gnutls should be in the repo shortly.

Btw, I only tuned into the meeting briefly to report this issue, but it appeared that they were working on the fonts-ubuntu issue, so hopefully that should be fixed soon as well.