Now here is a handy skill.  How to handle your occasional failures! Just audit
out the dissapointment and carry on.

Muriel Chens's Psychic First Aid is available for download from
www.tromhelp.com/books in PDF and Kindle formats.

Keep On TROMing
Pete Mclaughlin
P.S. Keep in mind:

Imaginary lovers
Never turn you down
When all the others turn you away
They're around
It's my private pleasure
Midnight fantasy
Someone to share my
Wildest dreams with me
Imaginary lover you're mine anytime
Imaginary lovers, oh yeah
When ordinary lovers
Don't feel what you feel
And real-life situations lose their thrill
Imagination's unreal
Imaginary lover, imaginary lover
You're mine anytime
Imaginary lovers never disagree
They always care
They're always there when
You need satisfaction guaranteed
Imaginary lover, imaginary lover
You're mine all the time
My imaginary lover
You're mine anytime
Songwriters: Buddy Buie / Dean Daughtry / Robert Nix
Imaginary Lover lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

DISAPPOINTMENTS

 That which we imagine, desire and expect without reservation usually occurs.

In relationships, however, it very often happens that one person expects the
other to be in a certain way, or to do certain things. Consciously or
otherwise, they expect this in order for the other to make them happy.

Such an apparently desirable and selfless utterance as "I love you" can often
be understood to carry the meaning "therefore I am giving you the
responsibility of being and doing what keeps me happy." This can cause
disappointments and suppressed or repressed anger.

The other person has their own desires, and imagines and expects these to occur
to suit them. This may produce a quite different result from that expected by
the first person.

It mostly does! That is why we communicate.

We communicate to find the differences in others that make life richer and more
interesting. We communicate to share our unique differences respecting and
cherishing them as they are. We communicate to find out whether we are wanting
sufficiently similar realities to include each other in a shared life.

You can expect that 'someone' be part of a future that you imagine, desire and
expect, but you may be disappointed if you choose a person and then expect that
particular person to be and do what you imagine and want them to be and do.

To desire someone to come into your life and then get to know and accept them
as they are is much more exciting. So if you find that some person in your life
is not meeting your expectations maybe it is the expectations that need to be
changed. When you say "I love you" love that person just as they are. Just as
they are being, doing and having.

Muriel Chen