Hi all,

I'm extending the tpm-tools and using the console input handling methods used
by the rest of the utilities.

I'm building all the tools myself, including my new tools, but the "Enter owner
password:" prompt isn't working right: I enter my password, then hit ENTER, but
it blows right past the "Confirm Password" prompt, which I obviously didn't
have time to input, and fails for "Passwords didn't match"

> Enter new owner password:     {password entered and click ENTER}
> Confirm password: Passwords didn't match   { didn't stop here for my input }

It does this for my new tools as well as existing tools that I build without
modification.  Also note that the Trousers tpm-tools package installed on my
machine (Ubuntu 14.04) does not exhibit this behavior, only the ones I build.

Here's my code:
                if (!owner_well_known) {
                                // Prompt for owner password
                                szTpmPasswd = GETPASSWD(_("Enter owner
password: "), &tpm_len, TRUE);
                                if (!szTpmPasswd){
                                                printf("ERROR: Failed to get
owner password.\n");
                                                goto abort;
                                }
                } else {
                                szTpmPasswd = (char *)well_known_secret;
                }

Where GETPASSWD is defined in the tpm-tools project.  This is pretty straight
forward, so I don't know what's wrong.

The problem must be something in my build, but I don't know where to start.
Can someone here point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks,
_________________________
Tadd Seiff
Software Development
Western Digital Corporation
www.wdc.com
(949) 672.6669

Western Digital Corporation (and its subsidiaries) E-mail Confidentiality
Notice & Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or
legally privileged information of WDC and/or its affiliates, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the e-mail in its entirety from your system.