Glenn wrote:
> 1 Tim. 5:10 states that footwashing is a
> good work.  I don't view good works as
> an ordinance.

Hold on a minute.  This passage is not speaking about a ceremony of
footwashing, which is what some Christians do when they sit around in a
circle, take their shoes off, and wash each other's feet.  This passage is
talking about the good work of receiving someone in your home, and when they
come in, washing their dirty feet because they wore sandals back then on
dry, dusty roads.  This is as different as talking about an elder as an
older person and talking about an elder as an appointed person in the
church.

Glenn - EXACTLY.  Foot washing is a good work.  It is not a church ordinance.  It was a custom.

Glenn wrote:
> They say, "Jesus commanded us to wash feet.  If you
> don't do it, you are breaking a commandment of Jesus".

This suggests that "ordinance" for you is something Christians are commanded
to do and must do.  Is that right?  I'm still waiting for you to define what
you mean by ordinance.

Glenn wrote:
> One good work that changed was "greet one another
> with a holy kiss".  Today we shake hands, except me.
> I am a hugger.

I still like the hug and kiss approach, but if the person is a stranger,
sometimes I resort to simply shaking their hand.  :-)