In a message dated 10/14/2002 2:15:33 AM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

And, why doesn't it mention Israel as a people or a nation?

>  The Bible mentions it 71 times and Christians and Jews alike

Israel wasn't established as a nation (the way we know it) until the 1940's.  The nation in the Bible was the people.  It was actually divided into 12 according to the 12 tribes etc.  The northern part was 10 tribes and referred to as Israel and the southern was Judah.   You know this and you also know it was considered a Kingdom.  Israel is mentioned over and over.  I don't see where you say it is not there.  Laura