Glenn wrote:
> The Bible teaches a laborer is worthy of is hire.  If you
> don't want to charge, that is fine, but don't condemn
> NIV translators if they do.  They are within the bounds
> of the Bible to do so.

I don't have a problem with them creating a translation and charging money
for selling the books or CD's they produce with that translation.  What I
have a problem with is their denial to others of the right to copy their
translation and distribute it to others free of charge.  The Word of God is
not merchandise, and I consider it wrong for them to do this.

Glenn - I don't see any difference in charging for a Bible and paying royalties.

I would have the same problem if our government denied the right of
individuals to copy and distribute the Constitution of the United States.
The Constitution belongs to the public, not to one individual or
corporation.

In the same way, the Word of God belongs to the people.  They should not
deny people the right to distribute their translation for free.  To do so is
arrogant.  Who are they to control the distribution of God's Holy Word?
Perhaps what they have produced is not God's Holy Word?  Perhaps it does not
belong to the people, like the King James Version does?

Glenn - Are you claiming the KJ Version is free?  No, you are not.  You have to pay for it.  In fact, just as much even without royalties.  Sounds like they are jacking up the price for the KJ.  It is no longer the best selling English version.  And it will continue to sell less as our language evolves.

This is all about time.  I am not bothered about it at all.  There is no doubt in my mind that the KJ would charge royalties if they could.

Glenn wrote:
> I believing in judging sin, right from wrong, etc.
> However, I also believe it is sin to judge a person's
> motives, and his eternal destination.

But you have said numerous times that Joseph Smith was a liar, and that he
is burning in hell right now.  Is that not correct?  How do you reconcile
your attitude toward Joseph Smith and your statement above?

Glenn wrote:
> Revealing motives?  Judging motives?

I might reveal a motive if God reveals it to me and asks me to reveal it.
To judge someone's motive means that I seek to discern it for myself.