I don’t think Satan can be bound in the same way as a demon. It is possible to bind a demon in the Name of Jesus and imprison it in the abyss so that it can no longer operate. If we could do this with Satan we would have no more problems with him. I wish we had such power available to us. Jesus cast legion into the herd of swine. However when He resisted Satan, the devil departed for a season, James Templeton

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 October 2002 18:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Faith vs. Works

I agree.  No one was suggesting we bind Satan with out own power.  I disagree if you are saying we can't bind Satan though the power of the blood of Jesus.

don’t think it is a good idea to attempt to bind Satan. We can bind evil spirits, but concerning Satan we are told that even the archangel Michael only rebuked him, Jude 1:9 “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.” The context speaks of those who were not afraid of Satan’s principalities and power, Jude 1:8 “Likewise also these [filthy] dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.” Jude 1:10 “But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.”  It is like the story of the little girl who heard the doorbell, but looked out and saw that it was Satan, so she knelt down and asked Jesus to answer the door. When she looked out again, Satan was gone. I know that Copeland urges people to bind Satan, but I think these verses are given to us for a reason. I suggest we can plead the blood of Jesus against Satan, James Templeton