From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 9:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [TruthTalk] Legalism and Old Testament Law Keeping

What Do I Actually Love When I Love God?

Japanese philosopher Kirtaro Nishida said that religion is a raft that sails on the endless sea. If so, then we must be vigilant that we don't allow our preoccupation with the business on the raft to displace God's business, which is love.

I like Meister Eckhart's prayer. "I pray God to rid me of god," which is a prayer to the ocean of God to rid us of the gods of the raft.