Which part am I missing Izzy - Hell fire and brimstone? Constant burning at Gehenna?

From: "ShieldsFamily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Balance, Judy, BALANCE! Read ALL of the Word and your viewpoint won’t be so LOPsided. Izzy

Judy:  Not so Izzy.  There may be joyful shouting in a city with righteous leadership when a wicked king goes on to his reward and I agree that God is a righteous judge; yes there will be a recompense to the wicked.  Still it is not our place to judge before the time or get too excited about it - David in Psalm 58 refers to the wicked in general; but our orders are to:

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth; lest the Lord see it and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17)

Even Job was aware of this in his day because he writes "If I rejoiced at the destruction of them that hated me, or lifted up myself when evil found him, neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by wishing a curse to his soul" (Job 31:29,30)

And then of course, at the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: "ou have heard that it hath been said "Thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy.  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you, that ye may be the children of your father which is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust" (Matthew 5:43,44,45)

Grace and Peace,   Judy

Hi Izzy, you write:

JT: I don't know about all that TPW, I've seen a lot; but I don't believe a true follower of God, even an immature one rejoices when even those he believes to be evil fall. Not if he has any fear of God at all in his heart because our scriptures say that God is not pleased with that

Passive, New-Age Christianity thinks such things, Judy.  But our scriptures say:

Hebrews 10:31:

It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Psalm 58:10
The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He will wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

Proverbs 11:10
When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices, and when the wicked perish, there is joyful shouting.

It does the Lord great injustice to present only ONE side of His personality: He is BOTH Loving and Just.  He BOTH rewards righteousness and hates evil. (And those who are born again in His image will reflect that duality.) To diminish or ignore one side of God becomes an inadvertent, but still black, lie. Balance, Judy, balance! Izzy